Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summertime!



Last month one Sunday morning, I woke up and really wanted to wear a light knee length skirt to church. Except I didn't own one. I did however have a cordory beige skirt that hit my ankles that I had since Whitney was born, and never wear because I hate the lenght of it. So I got out of bed, cut it to knee-length, and hemmed it up before church, and VOILA! I have a skirt I want to wear again. Thanks to my sister in law Heidi for the inspiration to try new things with my clothes (http://heidiluxe.blogspot.com) The big G on the fridge is the breakdown of Gallons, Pints, Quarts, etc. Joshua is learning them. I'm learning them, and since I'm a metric girl, I have no idea what all this Imperial method is all about, so I have to learn it to help Joshua learn it.

It was also Steve's birthday at the end of May. I think we're getting to the age where we don't mention numbers anymore :)



This summer we've had some pretty powerful storms. Not typical for this weather, but typical for Kansas, so it's not like we've seen it before. But I'd be lying to say that I didn't miss it. We got some roof damage and lost our trampoline during the Memorial Day storm. The Fourth of July fireworks got cancelled because of a tornado warning. This past week, we've had tornado sirens go off twice at 4 am. Like I said, I'm not a fan.

Some pieces of our roof



The trampoline



Don't worry we got a new trampoline. (And the roof fixed of course). We invested in some trampoline stakes the second time round, and let's just say after last week, we're glad we did.

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger heidi said...

yay! the skirt looks so great! i can't believe you did it that quickly. hemming still takes me forever.
and seeing joshua's baseball pictures make me so happy. glad he likes it.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Sunny and Larry said...

You look so cute and I love your hair!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

Nice job with the skirt! Sorry about the roof and trampoline! I don't miss those wild storms from our Kansas days either (although I really miss the people there).

So glad you got some time with your family just on your own.

Laughing about not mentioning numbers anymore when it came to your husband's birthday. My hubby is almost 40, and it really is a little depressing to realize we're getting "old".

Congrats on the "new" bike! What a deal.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

I love your skirt!! And so sorry about the weather messing up your roof and trampoline. We definitely know how that goes (since a tree fell on our house a few weeks ago). It's been a tumultuous summer with the weather!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home