Sunday, May 22, 2011

March-Versailles and Paris

In March, Steve and I celebrated our early 10 year anniversary (in August it will be officially 10 years) and went to France. Best. Trip. Ever. Steve served a 2 year mission there for our church, and I'm Canadian and was a few classes shy of a minor in French at BYU. It was SO FUN to speak French again. And hear French again. I seriously could live there a couple of months a year, I love France. Oddly enough, I think it gave me a new perspective into Joshua's problems with communication. I could understand 95% of what was said to me. My speaking ability was at a 60% (though if I was there for a month or 2, I think I'd be fluent again), and if two people were speaking the same time to me, I was lost. I really think that's how Joshua's mind works with language. I read once that Temple Grandin said that English was her second language, pictures was her native language. I think I understand what she means now.

Versailles








Paris







3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

Yeah for updates!!!!!! I check your blog often in hopes that some new post will be made, and today was the day! Love your fabric covered canvas!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Beautiful! For sure on my list of places to visit. Hopefully sooner than later! Happy early anniversary- can you believe we're both at 10 years! Wow!

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

LUCKYYYY!!!! So happy that you got to make such a trip together. Happy Anniversary to both of you! I am amazed by the beautiful pictures of the scenery and food. That B & B looks so charming. What an opportunity! And, Disneyland too this year. Hooray for trips for 2011!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home