Friday, November 30, 2007

No, we didn't die--our computer did

It seems like FOREVER since our last post. Our hard drive crashed, we had to order a new one, and I've been Internet-less for a week. And it felt like eternity. I had no idea what was going on in the world, and I had to call up Steve and have him read my emails over the phone. I guess I never realized how much we rely on our computer!

Thanksgiving was fun. We got to see Steve's aunt and Uncle from Utah, who we hadn't seen for 5 years, and got to see Heather and David too. In fact, Heather and I ran the Thanksgiving 5K! It was my first 5K in 10 years! I came in 16th out of 37 in my age division, and Heather came in 15th out of 37 in hers, and we came in at 28min, 27 seconds. Good thing for performance-enhancing drugs. I had a sinus infection and was on amoxicillian. It didn't really help with mile three much, unfortunately. I pretty much couldn't breathe at all at that point. It was 20F but 7 degrees with the windchill (that's -16C) that day, so I think the cold was our incentive to move fast!


Before the race

And after the race. Notice Whitney? She somehow made it in the picture, even though we told her the picture was just going to be Mommy and Heather

Ray and Julie Beck. It was so good to see them!

7 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger heidi said...

looks like loads of fun running in the cold!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Alyssa Rock said...

I know what you mean about missing the Internet. Chris and I realized a little while ago that we'd rather sell all our cars and ride the bus before giving up our high-speed Internet. ;)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Sarah S said...

ohhh i would go crazy without a working computer for more than a day! way to go on your race!!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Brrrrrrrr! You're crazy! Good job o the race.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Crys said...

Whitney is my kind of girl! I can't believe you ran in such cold weather. I don't even go outside. You Canadians are so weird :)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger April said...

Nice work on the run! Nice job braving the cold, that's what we northerners were made for, eh?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger HJolley said...

WE WON! can i see that video we made after we finished?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home