Monday, November 12, 2007

Tagged Times Two

This past week I've been tagged by my two friends Alyssa and April. I decided to do them both at the same time, so here they are:

Alyssa's tag:
Here are the rules which must be posted on your blog if you are tagged:
Link to your tagger and post these rules.
Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people and list their names (linking to them).
Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

1. Even though I seem to be a healthy 27 year old woman, I've had three surgeries in the past three years. I had appendicitis four months after my husband (just six weeks after I gave birth to Whitney). While they were taking out my appendix, they fixed a hernia I got from being pregnant with Whitney. I've had that hernia reparied again just last year. And to think, I'm in the prime of my life!!!
2. I have a political split personality. I'd have to consider myself as an American Democrat. I've hesitated coming out with this statement (I think I'd be shot by some people for saying this), but I'm afraid it's true. However, I'd consider myself as a Canadian conservative. The funny thing is, I've never really flip-flopped on my views, it's just that an American Democrat's views would be considered to be pretty conservative up in Canada, and I think most Canadians would have a stroke if they realized how much more conservative one can get being an American Republican. Nevertheless, I'm pretty stereotypical Canadian in my diplomacy, so you can have any political view you want and I'll still be your friend:)
3. Ever since I moved to college, I've never lived in the same place for more than three years.
4. I'm a closet writer. Not successful, that's why I don't really tell anyone about it. I've written one full novel and I'm close to finishing a second. I've submitted freelance pieces to newspapers, magazines, etc. but so far no luck.
5. I love Jane Austen, the Beatles, and Sarah Mclachlan
6. I hate it when radio stations play Christmas music on Halloween
7. I want to go back and get my Masters in Speech Language Pathology

April's tag:
8 Things you might not know about me

Well, I posted the first seven above :) and number 8 is...

I have gotten to the point where I prefer my own cooking to that of a restaurant's. It's become such a hobby of mine, that I prefer my Chicken Parmigana to any other Italian restaurant I go to. If only I could hire someone to bus tables for me :)

That's it! I tag...Heidi, Laura, Rachel, Robyn, Sarah Severson, Debbie, and Crystal

6 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Alyssa Rock said...

Cool, Sarah! Thanks for playing!

And don't worry---I'm an American Democrat too. And I can really empathize with your hesitation in admitting that. One nice thing about living in Lawrence is that most of the church members there are pretty cool with that. :)

Best of luck with your writing! I think that's SO great!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

Sarah--- What!?!?!? You're a Democrat-- did we grow up in the same house? I don't know if I can handle this!!!! *laughs-
Um my whole life I thought wanting gun control laws was a conservative view point. Anyway-- I loved your blog-- especially about your being a "CLOSET" writer. Well you know--- right now film writers are on strike. Have you thought of taking that one up?
I will do your Tag game.. but I must admit, that I really don't have anything intresting to write-- so I might have to make some stuff up.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

I've already been tagged and don't think I'll do an official one on my blog (since I did it last week and people prob. don't want to double the facts about me!) - but I'll include some here for you:

1. I am an Independent... sometimes I vote for Democratic candidates, and other times for Republicans. I prefer to vote based on the person and his/her qualifications, not the political party

2. I am so impressed that you've finished one novel and are working on another. Do you let anyone read your novels? (I would LOVE to read it if you do!)

3. I do freelance writing, but it's never super interesting and I tend to take way too long... I am writing one now that was technically due Monday, but I got an extension and keep re-writing different parts. I guess I'm saying it's not all its cracked up to be. However - I will say I haven't ever submitted a writing piece without having a specific assignment first. What you are doing is much harder!

4. I just went grocery shopping for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Not good for the budget, since I went WILD and bought so much food after going without food for a while. It wasn't on purpose, but life was just too busy and it never worked out to go. I finally went at 10:30 p.m. tonight!

5. Are you sick of Sarah S. facts yet? I love most foods with pumpkin as a main ingredient.

6. I have a secret addiction to the following shows (and should probably stop watching them, but it's an addiction): Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, ER, and the SINGING BEE!!! Ben and I LOVE watching the Singing Bee together - it is so so goofy and random, but that is actually a wholesome show. (possibly the only one on my list)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger heidi said...

i accept your challenge! actually, it comes at a great time as i am partcipating in blog til you puke month and i have been running out of ideas.
and i would love to read your novel. is this one called kate brown???

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I'll do it! I can't promise it will be right away, but I'll do it!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey, I'm Crystal's friend.

Anyway...I'm the same way politically! Before we moved down here, we were like, "Republican all the way!" But then we learned that we really are Democrats and flaming liberals...even though we're pretty conservative up north.

It's kind of confusing, really :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home