Monday, July 16, 2007

Starbursts and Marble Halls...Okay it's Sunbursts but I guess I have candy on the mind





Like Anne, I told my Gilbert that I didn't need starbursts and marble halls, I just wanted to be with him. Well, Steve went to Michigan for a conference this past weekend and I just can't help but to see some starbursts and marble halls in our future. Okay, not as grand, but hopefull this time next year, we'll be moving to our new job, looking at houses, etc.

Which brings me to the point of this post...for the past six years we've lived in student housing and our apartments have looked like...well something out of a good will catalouge if good will had a catalouge.

So I've been dreaming about home decorating. And I've started with Joshua's room. I was thinking it would be fun to have a Eric Carle or Leo Lionni theme. I love the artwork of both artists, and Joshua loves Eric Carle books. I wouldn't want to do just "The Hungry Caterpillar" but some animal/nature themes in their style. I was thinking of this store my sister and I checked out on Mass. Street called eangees.




I also found some eric carle bedding and accents online

What other kid's themes can you think of?

7 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger heidi said...

i had a friend that did a safari room. reagan's room is black and red with dogs and georgia bulldog and ronald reagan accents. scarlett is living in thomas' office in a pack and play. someday i too will have starbursts beyond just the candy. marble halls? most courthouses have those so i will just have to settle for that.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

i'm looking forward to those sunbursts and marble halls at about the same time you will be!

i was just telling debbi the other day that when parker was born, i really wanted to do a "little prince" (themed after the book) theme for his room, but had trouble finding the fabric, decor, etc. i ended up doing curious george, which wasn't as popular then, and it turned out cute. good luck!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sarah Beck said...

I love the "Le Petit Prince" idea Michelle! Too bad that didn't work. I love the Curious George idea too!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

oh sarah-- are you itching to move?

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

I UPDATED!!! check it out--- I have more coming!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Alyssa Rock said...

I think the Eric Carle theme sounds like fun!

We actually did a safari theme for our room. We commissioned a painting from our artist friend for it and that was fun, so I recommend original art if you can afford it (or create it!).

Fairy tales could be fun... Maybe also a Peter Pan theme? A beach or ocean theme might look nice. Eh... those are just some ideas. :)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Mommy Meen said...

I found your blog- Candace mentioned you had one at supper tonight. Anyway, I'm voting for Leo Lionni (though I love Eric Carle too), his books just have such depth. Have you read the book "The Girl With the Brown Crayon" by Vivian Gussin Paley? So good and would get you in a Lionni mood! Anyway, your kids are to die for cute - my halls are pretty nice (though not marble) but I have to wait for kids for a few more years (they'll be my starbursts).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home