Thursday, August 04, 2011

Fishing Trip

Yesterday Steve's colleagues (husband and wife ps--there are a lot of husband and wife duos in academia) invited us to play at their lake house near Park Rapids, MN. It was the first time for the kids on a boat, and the first time they've ever gone fishing (well, let's be honest, I think I went once when I was like 5 years old so for all intents and purposes, that includes me too.) Let's just say, I caught the most fish (the first catch was eye opening; no one showed me how the pole worked so I essentially flung the fish from the lake into the boat.) As Judy said, it was lucky no one got hooked. It scared the heck out of Whitney because it landed near her feet. I thought in that moment a vegetarian might be born :) The kids ended up with their fair share of catches too.

Joshua's fish:







Whitney's "Pumpkin Seed"



Steve's catches:





And of course, Joshua and I are quite the catches too :)

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger HJolley said...

What a great day! That looks like so much fun!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh, what fun! I can't believe how old Joshua looks! and I can't believe it was their first time on a boat- I bet it was a great day. Love seeing the pics and updates of all of you - life looks good. :) Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home