Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Hooray for Halloween! My kids were so excited this year. They've been counting down for weeks. They've also been watching me sew their costumes the past three weeks. That's right, I sewed all of our costumes (I actually did Steve's last year). I don't really sew. But it was fun. They're not perfect. I could show you all the mistakes I made on each of them, but hey it's a learning curve right? Who would of thought I would remember the stuff I learned in two years of Home Ec back in Junior High? Just for clarification--Joshua went as Peter Pan, Whitney was Tinker Bell, Steve was Mr. Darcy, and I was Elizabeth Bennet







11 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOOO Cute! I love the Mr. darcy and Elizabeth idea (it is my favorite book). Yall look adorable! I am very impressed that you sewed it all.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Very good job! I love your costume you make a very good Elizabeth Bennett.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger heidi said...

woweee. junior high is good for something after all. amazing costumes!!!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sarah S said...

SO impressive!! I love the costumes and am amazed you sewed them yourself. Good job!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Whew! These are amazing! I'm not a big sewing fan either but I'll do it for costume time too. Looks like you still got the skills! Fabulous job!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

LOVE all the costumes. I'm so impressed.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Great job, Sarah! Way cool! My four guys were skeletons (store bought) and at the last minute Kevin decided to be a pirate.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Those turned out great! I loved all the costumes.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger MaryAnn said...

Looks great! When I saw your costume I figured out who Steve was. I am impressed! Soo cute!!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Chad and Amy Jensen said...

You guys look great! The costumes are fantastic. Good work Sarah!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Abby loved seeing Whitney in her Tinkerbell costume. The other day she said out of the blue, "I miss Whitney. She lives far, far, far, far, far, far away!" Good sewing, Sarah! Love the costumes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home