Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bon Anniversaire/Happy Birthday Canada!


Today is the day back in 1867 when the Dominion of Canada and Great Britain signed the British North America Act in Charlottetown, New Brunswick, and voila! we had confederation and officially "Canada." Happy Birthday Canada! Usually we throw a big party for you, but with all of our packing and preperations for Fargo, I just didn't get a chance to make my maple leaf cookies, BBQ pizza, and Nanaimo Bars. We'll have to do it next year. This morning on my way to Dog Days, I was listening to NPR and they had a feature on a music group called, "Le Vent Du Nord," (English=the wind of the north) a traditional Quebec singing group. It made me flash back to elementary school at Brander Gardens when they would have the "courier du bois" music groups from Quebec come by, complete with their saws, wooden spoons, and wooden puppets dancing on boards. So, if you want to celebrate Canada with me, sing a little "O Canada," and follow this link to hear some good old French Canadian music.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Oh man we were looking forward to this years party since last years party was so fun with prizes and everything!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just knew you would have a post today! Happy Birthday Canada!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Tiffany Winters said...

You're adorable! Happy Birthday Canada!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

Wish you could have celebrated. Hope the packing is going okay. I HATE moving, especially with kids.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sarah S said...

I'm at Ben's family reunion this week, and one of his cousins is married to a Canadian. She got up and sang O Canada for the group yesterday and it was great! Happy Birthday Canada!

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday canada!! I am glad that you celebrate your homeland (even if it isnt Texas) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home